Website change plans

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Nov 7 20:47:49 PST 2006

Here's my plan for the dragonflybsd.org website.  Feedback is welcome.

1: Modify DirectoryIndex in httpd.conf to put index.shtml before index.cgi.

2: I add the image files for the new layout:
http://www.shiningsilence.com/newdf/site/data/base7.html

3: I add a common header file using this layout, and bring in .shtml files
that use this common header to replace each of the corresponding .cgi
files on the website.  This is to replace the tablecg program.

4: The httpd.conf file gets redirect statements to preserve old links.

Redirect index.cgi index.shtml
. .. and so on.  I'll type up the whole list after finishing step 3.

5: I modify the mailarchive on leaf to use this layout when archiving
messages, and regenerate the existing pages to use this layout.

6: I change the main page on leaf.dragonflybsd.org to use this layout.

7: The web page man interface on leaf gets changed to this layout.

8: The cvsweb interface on leaf gets changed to this layout.  (as can work
with the existing cvsweb layout)

9: bugs.dragonflybsd.org gets this new layout, which I need to research to
see how RoundUp needs the files placed.

10: wiki.dragonflybsd.org gets the layout, or at least as much as is
needed to make it visually match the rest of the site.

Future:
Once this is all done, there's content changes to work on, but I'm not
going to worry about it until the above is done.

I'll need help from Matt for steps 1, 4, and 8, help from corecode on 9,
and help from Andreas on 10, since those steps touch files to which I
don't have access.  (please, and thanks)