replace true(1) and false(1) with simple shell scripts

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Mar 20 09:07:11 PST 2006

    We are going to stick with the C version.  There is no reason to nerf
    the performance of the programs even if one assumes that they will
    hardly ever be used in a time-critical situation.  It certainly isn't
    worth the byte-savings for the files since they are already only
    3280 bytes each.

    Neither do we need to adopt _exit() vs exit(), or link statically, or
    play any other tricks which have no clear benefit.  The performance is
    just fine as it.