tiny patch for pw(8)

Michal Belczyk belczyk at bsd.krakow.pl
Sun Mar 19 12:49:37 PST 2006

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 09:29:54PM +0100, joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 08:57:25PM +0100, Michal Belczyk wrote:
> > the attached patch makes creation of /var/mail/username files for new accounts
> > a bit more configurable.  Since I only use maildirs for mail storage, now I
> > don't have to remove those files when adding new users :-)
>
> Am I reading this correctly and it does that by default?

The default behaviour hasn't changed, pw(8) do creates those files:

# cat /etc/pw.conf
# pw useradd testuser -m
# ls -l /var/mail/testuser
-rw-------  1 testuser  testuser  0 Mar 19 21:45 /var/mail/testuser
# pw userdel testuser -r
# ls -l /var/mail/testuser
ls: /var/mail/testuser: No such file or directory
# printf "createmailbox\tno\n" >> /etc/pw.conf

--
Michal Belczyk