sys/select.h patch

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Jun 10 10:44:30 PDT 2006

:Hi,
:
:features of this patch ;)
:
:1) Make sys/select.h POSIX compatible
:2) Move selinfo stuff to the separate header sys/selinfo.h

    Ok, I'll commit nearly all of this, but I am going to keep the
    select prototype in <unistd.h> (it will also be in sys/select.h),
    at least for the moment, because the BSD documentation has always
    indicated that that is where select() lives.

    We can consider removing the prototype from unistd.h as a separate issue.

:3) Fix namespace pollution in games/larn

    Committed!

:In fact, select() moved from unistd.h to sys/select.h,
:and also fd_set struct and FD_* macros moved from sys/types.h to
:sys/select.h, as it required by
:http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/pselect.html
:
:It's a preparation for the further pselect work, requested at project
:page http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/Projects_Page