ACPI-CA update patch for review

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Sun Dec 3 21:49:12 PST 2006

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 11:09:04PM +0100, Gergo Szakal wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have an HP e-PC (i810, Cel 533) running PREVIEW, and after applying
> the patch, the s**tloads of ACPI warnings that appeared before on
> booting are now gone. :-)

Probably the addition of the following line in acpi.c did it:
    AcpiGbl_EnableInterpreterSlack = TRUE;
The version in the CVS already has this feature, but IIRC the code
for interpreter slack has a bug in that version, which was fixed
in the later version, so I gave up committing this simple fix
(but somehow I can't find the description in changes.txt or mail archives).

> I only get these:
>
> Using $PIR table, 3 entries at 0xc00f7690
> ACPI: RSDP @ 0x0xfc7e0/0x0014 (v  0 AMI   )
> ACPI: RSDT @ 0x0xff60000/0x0028 (v  1 HP-BDD HPBDD-IN 0x00000008 MSFT
> 0x0100000c)
> ACPI: FACP @ 0x0xff60030/0x0074 (v  1 HP-BDD HPBDD-IN 0x00000008 MSFT
> 0x0100000c)
> ACPI: DSDT @ 0x0xff600b0/0x20a6 (v  1 HP-BDD HPBDD-IN 0x00000008 MSFT
> 0x0100000c)
> ACPI: FACS @ 0x0xff68000/0x0040
> npx0: <math processor> on motherboard
> npx0: INT 16 interface
> acpi0: <HP-BDD HPBDD-IN> on motherboard
> acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
> Warning: ACPI is disabling APM's device.  You can't run both
> can't fetch resources for \\_PR_.CPU1 - AE_TYPE
> can't fetch resources for \\_SB_.PCI0.SBRG.PSMP - AE_TYPE
> can't fetch resources for \\_SB_.PCI0.SBRG.URP1 - AE_TYPE
> can't fetch resources for \\_SB_.PCI0.SBRG.LPTP - AE_TYPE

I saw this and am trying to find how to fix it.

> acpi_timer0: <24-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x408-0x40b on acpi

So, did it make it into the login prompt?  Also let me know if you
had to use the driver built with ACPI_USE_LOCAL_CACHE=yes.

Thanks.