Intel CPUID2 (data in ecx after cpuid) patch

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Fri Dec 8 06:34:12 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 09:44:48AM +0000, Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:
> What do you think about the <sys/systm.h> containing MD
> definitions?

It's been moved from <machine/md_var.h> by this commit:
  http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/commits/2006-11/msg00027.html

The current users of cpu_feature outside /sys/{cpu,machine} are:
  emulation/linux/i386/linprocfs/linprocfs_misc.c
  kern/kern_ktr.c
  net/altq/altq_subr.c
the last two files use it to deal with TSC register, which is also
specific to CPU.  I guess that this is the reason cpu_feature has been
moved into <sys/systm.h> (but you should ask Matt, of course).

It looks OK to me to move it into cpufunc.h; my only question is
what the name(s) of CPU name is for vkernel, if we're to move to
<machine/cpufunc.h>.

Cheers.