ACPI-CA update patch for review

Victor Balada Diaz victor at bsdes.net
Fri Dec 1 07:57:16 PST 2006

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 12:17:14AM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> Ok, I saw a similar lock up on a machine I haven't updated since October --
> before troubling your hand by writing down many function names, can you
> try rebuilding your acpi driver with an environment variable
> ACPI_USE_LOCAL_CACHE=yes ?
>   $ /sys/dev/acpica5
>   $ export ACPI_USE_LOCAL_CACHE=yes MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=$HOME/obj
>   $ make cleandir; make cleandir
>   $ make obj && make depend && make && su root -c 'make install && reboot'

This helps! now i can go up to kern.seedenable: 0 -> 1, and type
spaces there. If i try to do C-c it hangs again.

This time i can enter at the debugger before pressing C-c, so if you
want that i try something from there just ask. A trace will not help
because you would get just the keyboard interrupt, not the acpi code.

Entering on the debugger and going out of it made the system boot.

Also I noticed this warnings that may be important:

ACPI Warning (evmisc-0603): Cannont release the ACPI Global Lock, it has not been
acquired [20060912]
ACPI Exception (exutils-0425): AE_NOT_ACQUIRED, Could not release ACPI Global Lock [20060912]
ACPI Exception (exutils-0382): AE_TIME, Could not acquire Global Lock [20060912]

You can find the (non-verbose) dmesg with new acpi here[1].

http://bsdes.net/~victor/dfbsd/dmesg.newacpi

--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.