Various updates to the handbook

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Aug 15 20:12:52 PDT 2006

On Tue, August 15, 2006 2:52 pm, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> The first part has a fixed owner, it doesn't change when someone else
> modifies the handbook. The second part is a bit different though. The
> copyright is the sum of all contributors and to simplify the licensing,
> e.g. written forms like the FSF is using are common. So, yes the FreeBSD
> copyright should be included and a DragonFly copyright be added.

I'll go forward using this model.

Along those lines, if we bring in a section of documentation (say, for
pkgsrc or rc or etc.) from the NetBSD Guide, we're probably going to have
to explicitly mention their license too.

Anyone have a friend/relative who works in copyright law?  I think we're
covering what we need to cover, but none of us are lawyers.