Atheros Driver

Adrian Nida nida at musc.edu
Mon Oct 24 22:40:30 PDT 2005

All,

Hi there.  I took the 1.4.3 version of Andrew Atrens ported atheros driver that
was posted back in April and attempted to build it on HEAD.  Due to some changes
on our end, it did not make cleanly.  Below is a link to some of the changes I
made.  These included:

* Passing a NULL lwkt_serialize_t to bus_setup_intr
* Changing splimp to crit_enter
* Changing the equivalent to crit_exit
* Changing hard-coded directories to their relative associations.

The result yielded (for me) a working atheros driver that was able to

1) ifconfig a D-LINK 520 PCI card
2) Obtain a DHCP allocated IP address through said card
3) Download our src and doc trees
4) Download NetBSDs pkgsrc tree
5) Connect a newly created irc client to EFNet's #dragonflybsd room
6) Engage in a ~30 minute conversation in said room
7) Copy the source files to my labthug server using SCP

Now, I know that isn't a vigorous testing procedure, but I would hope that my
success is enough to have this included in our source tree.  The atheros chips
are used in a lot of wifi products, and I do think it would be a good idea for
Fred to include support for them.

Link to files are here:

http://www.labthug.com/DragonFly/atheros/ath-dragonfly-1.4.4.tar.bz2

Thanks,