dntpd and rc.d

Robert Garrett rgarrett24 at cox.net
Sat May 21 17:34:58 PDT 2005

Rumko wrote:

> since dntpd is supposed to be used instead of ntpd (as far as i know) and
> it seems there is no easy way to start it at bootup like ntpd (just
> setting ntpd_enable="YES"), i tried making it so that dntpd would star as
> easily too. But i'm not sure if it is as simple as it seems, so i would
> like a comment on http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~rumko/dntpd ... is this
> really it or did i forget to do something else also?
This looks complete to me. however one thing, are we ready to make this
change? My understanding is that dntpd is still pretty alpha code.
If someone can let me know of the status I'll be happy to commit this and
yank out ntpd support. That is if they let me know in the next couple of
days other wise it will be next month, before I can get to it.

Robert Garrett