GCC 3.4.4pre

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Mon May 23 20:12:51 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 06:27:52PM +0000, David Rhodus wrote:
> On 5/13/05, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > please test http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~joerg/gcc-update.diff
> > which updates GCC to the current 3.4.4pre snapshot. Dead line
> > for commit is one week.
> >
> > Joerg
>
> What about just going to 4.0 ?

It might be worthy to have 4.0 as an "experimental" compiler built
in DragonFly, but I think it's more or less a rush if it has been
considered as a supported, default compiler.  There are many features
has been removed since the last release which will break a lot of
code, especially third parties, IIRC KDE at least :-)

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.

pgp00005.pgp