openssh4.0 upgrade

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Mar 19 18:48:52 PST 2005

:-On [20050320 00:12], Scott Ullrich (geekgod at xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
:>Thanks for the submission!  Once Matt slips the stable tag in the next
:>few days, I'll get this commited.
:
:I disagree in sliding the stable tag, since the kernel is NOT stable on
:certain types of hardware with regard to the ppbus (see earlier email of
:mine with regard to FPU bounds problem).
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono
:Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/

    There is nothing in the code trace you provided that could possibly
    cause an FPU bounds check fault, and the only changes made to the
    code were some __FUNCTION__ -> __func__ changes.  I'll need a lot
    more information, like the actual trap frame reported in the panic
    and the actual backtrace, plus what the system was doing at the time of
    the panic, the repeatability of the panic, and a kernel core if possible.

    You may have to try various kernels to narrow down the range where the
    breakage occured.