jail.chflags_allowed

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jul 20 13:33:46 PDT 2005

:Hello guys.
:
:I have some experience with FreeBSD5.X's jails and I realized that
:jail.chflags_allowed is missing in DragonFly so I decided to implement
:it.
:
:I'm sure that if there's something wrong (or missed) in
:vfs/ufs/ufs_vnops.c you'll fix it.
:
:P.S.: this is my first patch submission so I wasn't sure how to create
:the .patch files but you'll figure them out :)

    It didn't patch but I did most of it manually.  The only problem I see
    is that this patch is UFS-specific.  I would like the feature to be
    disableable on any filesystem.

    I have committed everything except the ufs_vnops.c changes.  These
    changes are being made to UFS's ufs_setattr() function (the VOP_SETATTR
    VOP call).  It seems to me that this check could be made at a higher
    level, e.g. in setfflags() in kern/vfs_syscalls.c, and thus apply to
    all filesystems.

    Would you like to have a go at adding the required code to setfflags() ?