install + ln wrappers for installworld

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Jul 3 12:43:00 PDT 2005

:hey,
:
:see attached files for a possible way to register installed files in
:installworld. try it with the ln conversion patch and
:
:make installworld INSTALL_LOG=3Dpath-to-logfile \
:INSTALL=3Dsh\ path-to-install-wrapper.sh \
:LN=3Dsh\ path-to-ln-wrapper.sh
:
:with install_wrapper.sh you can as well install as non-root:
:add an env var INSTALL_NO_ATTR=3D1.
:
:please try and comment.
:
:cheers
:  simon

    That's one way to do it, but I think my preference is going to be for
    a journal-related solution which does not rely on the installation
    properly recording individual actions.

    That said, I have no objection to converting ln to ${LN}.