sysctl warns6 cleanup

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sat Jan 8 11:28:18 PST 2005

I'll re-examine sysctl after Chris' commit.

> There should be at least a check for the value of len, to ensure that
> it actually fits into an int.

Roger that.

[snip]

> Dont do this, please. Use a new variable or reuse sep, this are constant
> strings and should stay so.

Sorry; I got into my head that val was being passed to some destructive
function. Obviously I was dreaming.

[snip]

> Change oidfmt and sysctl_all to take the lenght as size_t instead.

Will do. My misstake was assuming sysctl_all accepted an int for a reason,
instead of checking if it made sense to just go ahead and change it.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at xxxxxxxxxxxx>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at xxxxxxxxx
E-Mail: peter.schuller at xxxxxxxxxxxx Web: http://www.scode.org