patch for bsd.port.mk to check PORTVERSION mismatch

Andreas Kohn andreas.kohn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 00:22:12 PST 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:50:42 +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 05:19:32AM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I think it is better to add a check if the PORTVERSION of ports/foo/bar
> >  and dfports/foo/bar are different or not.  The ports closely depend
> >  on each other, so the new ports tree and the old dfports tree can
> >  cause various problems (see
> >  http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/bugs/2005-01/msg00007.html,
> >  for example).
>
> That would also mean, that we can't intentionally differ. I don't like
> this change :)

Perhaps DFports that differ *intentionally* could make this intent
more explicit?
OVERRIDE_PORTVERSION=... or something like that.
Additionally, I could think of warnings when
- version is overwritten
- overwritten version and version of freebsd port are the same.
(portlint, not for general users)

Just some idea,
--
Andreas