iwi driver port - ready for review

Andrew Atrens atrens at nortelnetworks.com
Sat Jan 15 09:36:49 PST 2005

Toma? Bor?tnar wrote:

> Andrew Atrens wrote:
>

>> If you're interested in giving it a try.
> when kldload it spits few lines about USB devices, but I am used to this
> :)
>
> it crashed once while radio was off and I did ifconfig down/up, but it
> works! Had to reconfigure my AP to static WEP in order to test it and it
> tried all speed from 1Mbps up to 54Mbps and stayed at 54Mbps.
>
> How does one use WPA/WPA-PSK with it?

Unfortunately the DragonFly 802.11 network stack does not yet support WPA.
This support has only recently been brought into FreeBSD-current by Sam
Leffler.

Damien has a working iwi driver for FreeBSD-current and it will be trivial
for me to fold that support into this driver, but I'm not sure if anyone in
the DragonFly world is working (yet) at porting the FreeBSD-current 802.11
network stack to DragonFly. I'm sure it's on someone's todo list ;) ...

http://www.sitetronics.com/dfwiki/index.php/Supported_Hardware#Wireless_NIC.27s
> with pointers to your site.

will do. thanks.