dfuife_curses and how to use it

sam samwun at hgcbroadband.com
Wed Jan 12 20:19:21 PST 2005

Chris Pressey wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:46:54 +0800
sam <samwun at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chris Pressey wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:54:48 +0800
sam <samwun at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

[...]
Hi, I found another problem when running dfuife_curses. When pressing
down the arrow keys of the keypads, I don't see the colour of the
cursor  contrast with the froground colour, so the background colour
of the text  is unchange when the cursor moving over the text. How can
I change the  setting of background colour of the cursor?

I don't understand what you mean exactly.  The widget with the current
'focus' should be highlighted (white on blue), while other widgets
should be the same colours as the rest of the dialog box (black on
grey.)
The entire widget (including Welcome text and the buttons) and its
subsequent widgets are white on black regardless whether the cursor have
moved to the text button or not.

 In the case of textboxes, only the edges of the widget are
highlighted, and a cursor appears at the text insertion point between
them.  This cursor is handled by curses itself, so I don't think you
have much control over its appearance.
What I meant is when the cursor moved to the textbox (eg. Install
DragonFly BSD), I don't see the colour of the textbox and its edge is
changed to the colour that different to the background colour (black).
All text/textboxes are stay the same colour regardless whether the
cursor is moved onto it, and the background colour of the textbox is
always in black.