A few WARNS6 cleanups

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Mon Jan 3 11:40:54 PST 2005

> > > Committed, with a minor change: the extra function doesn't seem to
> > > be necessary, the parameter can just be marked as unused.  Thanks!

[checked the version commited]

Ah! I didn't know about __unused. In fact I googled quite a bit trying
to find a way to tell gcc a specific parameter is unused. This isn't the first
time I've wanted that.

Doesn't get rid of the dummy parameter issue though. Ah well. Not exactly
a big deal in a tool like iostat ;)

> > Ok. The reason I added it was that I felt it was extremely ugly to
> > have phdr() be called with a 'dummy' argument in the rest of the code.
>
> Yeah, it is ugly.  Can you suggest a better name for the function than
> 'phdr' ?  :)

printhdr would probably be my choice under the circumstances (print_header if
I had free reign of style).

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at xxxxxxxxxxxx>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at xxxxxxxxx
E-Mail: peter.schuller at xxxxxxxxxxxx Web: http://www.scode.org