A few WARNS6 cleanups

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sun Jan 2 02:52:43 PST 2005

> > iostat: minor changes required
>
> Committed, with a minor change: the extra function doesn't seem to be
> necessary, the parameter can just be marked as unused.  Thanks!

Ok. The reason I added it was that I felt it was extremely ugly to have
phdr() be called with a 'dummy' argument in the rest of the code.

> This one also looks good, but since it's more involved, I'll play with
> it a bit more before committing it.  I suspect a lot of the
> signed/unsigned things can be resolved without adding casts, by making
> the loop variables unsigned, since they usually range only from 0 to
> some positive integer anyway.

I also realized I accidentally left a comment that was meant to be
temporary (//CLEANUP....).

Anyways. Will be a bit more agressive in the future instead of just adding
casts. The idea was to be conservative in that the reason for the original
choice for the size and/or signedness of a variable may be important but not
necessarily readily apparant. So addings casts felt less intrusive. In
hindsight that was probably not a good idea.

Thanks,

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at xxxxxxxxxxxx>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at xxxxxxxxx
E-Mail: peter.schuller at xxxxxxxxxxxx Web: http://www.scode.org