Patch to getcap facility

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Fri Feb 25 07:48:29 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 08:43:26PM -0800, Kevin M. Kilbride wrote:
> Okay, I think I may finally have figured out how to post to this list. I
> sent these before, but didn't realize I needed to be subscribed for them
> to be accepted (actually, based on the comments shown on your "cleanup"
> page, I had no idea I was submitting to a mailing list at all...call me
> naive).

1. Please use attachments, not inlining if possible. It's easier for us
and avoids nasty problems. Like tab->space conversion which occured here.
2. We can't (again) change arguments from char ** to const char ** or
const char * const *. At least we have to carefully evaluate such
changes. It would be a bit easier here, since the capability interface
is not SUS.

Joerg