sudo in the base system

Peter Avalos pavalos at theshell.com
Thu Feb 17 05:54:35 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 06:41:44PM +0000, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at xxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:55:44 +0100, Robert Nagy wrote:
>  > > Hi. I'd like to see sudo in the base system, because it is the right
>  > > place for it.

I don't understand why anything available as a port should be in the base
system.  The ports system (or whatever dfly settles on) makes it much
easier to maintain and upgrade programs.  It's more work overall to
include things in the base system unless it's absolutely required to
make other things work.

Peter