syscons vesa drawing code patch

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Wed Feb 16 15:51:23 PST 2005

Hi all,

here's a patch for syscons that I will commit in the next few days if
there are no objections. All comments welcome.

http://yoyodyne.ath.cx/tmp/syscons.patch

I've been running this code for the past few and it works fine here.

The patch does the following things:

For the direct modes, get rid of the predefined palettes and use the
system's EGA palette instead (the same colors the other modes use).
Since palette values can have different formats like 5:5:5, 5:6:5, 8:8:8
etc., add some code to refresh them via the adapter's palette registers
upon video mode change. Scrap the ugly vga_drawpxl() macro. This makes
15 and 16 bit modes faster than 24 or 32 bits.

Fix mouse pointer drawing code for direct modes. Never draw the pointer
in the border area so that direct and planar modes can now share a
single function for removing the mouse pointer.

Finally, do some minor cleanup and restructuring.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx