Rework of nrelease

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Dec 7 11:17:56 PST 2005

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Well, I like the idea but there are some issues.

    I don't want to make the nrelease build dependant on a
    binary packages directory sitting on packages.stura.uni-rostock.de.
I think it's better to install a binary than requiring all pkgsrc to be
checked out...  How about both possibilities?

For snapshot builds on chlamydia, i'd prefer the binary bootstrap by
far.  All packages which are being installed on the iso need to come
from somewhere as well anyways, so requiring a binary bootstrap isn't
different either.

    Also, the 'check' target and the other convenience targets (to
    fetch and configure pkgsrc and/or fetch required packages) need
    to remain intact.  I don't want programmers to be forced to use
    obscure -D<LABEL> names to build common targets.  The check target
    in particular is very important as it prevents the user from having
    to run through an entire buildworld before being told that something
    is missing.
That's just a matter of choice, really, and implementing these targets
shouldn't be a problem.