D-Link 528(T) Gigabit support

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Dec 4 10:15:16 PST 2005

:Hello,
:
:Attached is a patch to support the D-Link 528(T) Gigabit cards under
:DragonFly. They are based on the RealTek 8169S chipset and are supported
:by the re(4) driver under FreeBSD 5.4 and above.
:
:The cards are now detected as re(4) devices and have been working
:reliably however I can only get them to operate at 10/100 speeds. Under
:Linux2.6 and FreeBSD 6 I have used them at their full 1000M.
:
:I think it's a mii issue as rgephy.c in not the DragonFly mii_layer
:repository and this file appears to support the 8169S/8110S chipsets.
:Can somebody point me in the right direction to get them working as
:Gigabit cards? Is it just a case of also importing rgephy.c or am I
:missing something?
:
:Regards
:
:G.Allan

    Do a boot -v and report which MII driver is currently attaching
    to the RE ethernet.  It's probably the generic driver (ukphy), in
    which case we will need to port rgephy.c from FreeBSD to DragonFly.

    FreeBSD: sys/dev/mii/rge*
    DragonFly: sys/dev/netif/mii_layer/rge*

    There is some fairly minor porting work that needs to be done,
    which you can look at by looking at the cvs log history for some
    of the other MII source modules in DragonFly.