Q3A Dedicated Server

Joerg Anslik joerg at anslik.de
Mon Aug 22 12:44:16 PDT 2005

Hi,

I think you all know that id software recently released the Q3A
sources, so I (like thousands of other people :) "ported" the
dedicated server stuff to DFly, correcting two minor bugs which always
annoyed me:

(1) The default directory for logfiles, etc. was "~/.q3a" by default,
so on my machine, I always had to places for files to look after, the
installation dir and /home/root/.q3a/[...]. I modified this, so the
server will now first look for a "Q3A_HOME" environment variable, and,
if set, will use the directory stored there as its home dir.

(2) Bots with whitespace in their names (like "Smirking Louis") where
never kicked when a player entered the game (because
G_RemoveRandomBot() didn't take care of names containing whitespace).
I corrected this, too.

. ..and, best of all, you can now kiss this linux compatibility stuff
goodbye! :)

If you're interested in the pure executable:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~janslik/dfq3ded.bz2

Anyone in need for the complete "port", just drop me a line. I don't
know if it makes sense and/or is worth spending the (my) time in doing
a "real" DFly-Port, with "#if __DragonFly__" and stuff. Do you?

Enjoy

--j

who | grep -i blonde | talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch;
unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; gasp; mount;
fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep