ACPI cleanup

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Wed Aug 10 06:40:12 PDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:44:24PM +0100, Hiten Pandya wrote on kernel@:
> Could we please remove one of the ACPI CA's from the kernel code as it is
> rather big and I don't think one of them is used.

Ok, please find the patch at the URL below
  http://les.ath.cx/DragonFly/acpica5-compile-in.diff.gz

which eliminates the old 4.x-derived ACPI driver and add new config lines
  device acpi			# ACPI base driver
  device acpi_toshiba		# ACPI support driver for Toshiba laptops

What it does are:
- move most part of /sys/dev/acpica5/Makefile.inc into /sys/conf/acpi.mk
- variables SYSACPICA_DIR, OSACPI_DIR are named to ACPICA_DIR and ACPI_MI_DIR
  and made relative to /sys (or $SYSDIR) so as they can be shared between
  kernel and module builds
- remove 4.x ACPI lines and add acpica5 lines to /sys/conf/files* .
- adjust ACPI driver build wrapper and ACPI tools to use /sys/conf/acpi.mk

I only tested it on x86 machines around me (because I don't have amd64).

Regards.