PATCH (revised) for gcc34 (for building ports)

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 16 06:16:39 PDT 2005

YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:

Can't you do this with a wrapper? All of these above can be tweaked
by overriding the specs.
$ CCVER=gcc2 gcc -dumpspecs | grep -A1 predefines | tee predefines
*predefines:
-Di386 -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) -D__DragonFly__=1 -D__DragonFly_cc_version=100001 -D__FreeBSD__=4 -D__FreeBSD_cc_version=460001 -Dunix -Asystem(unix) -Asystem(FreeBSD) -Asystem(DragonFly)
$ CCVER=gcc34 -dumpspecs > ~/specs34
I always learn a lot when I read your posts :o)  From playing around
with the ideas you suggested I notice that the behavior of -dumspecs
seems to be different for the two compilers:  the predefines are
printed out for gcc2 but not for gcc34, apparently.  Any idea why?
Also, as I said in my previous post, the gcc34 from the ports seems
to work much better at compiling ports than my patched system gcc34,
and it predefines only __FreeBSD_=4.
I'm away for the next week, but I'll play with this more when I get
back.
As always, thanks for your excellent help.