NTPD synchronisation patches

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Thu Apr 14 02:47:13 PDT 2005

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

-On [20050414 09:12], Bill Hacker (wbh at xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

In a WinFested + LinScriptKiddie world, I tend to run everything at
level 2, then forget that until in the middle of a 'makeinstall...'  ;-)

Nah, this workstation box is behind 2 firewalls at home.  And it is my main
development box, any additional security on that level is cumbersome for
development.
ACK.  I tend to run the reverse - lousy b/w at the flat, so do as much
work as possible
on the boxen in the rack at the data center. Fortunately, only 20-30
minutes away.

And all the *BSD boxen (including the all-UFS'ed PowerBook) are ipfw
'self firewalled', so.....

Sadly, will have to 'park' all of this for the summer.

Hoping, that when I am return in September, lots more progress has been
made...
. ..at least enough to justify a new Dual-AMD SMP NUMA MB anyway...  ;-)

Bill