NTPD synchronisation patches

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Thu Apr 14 02:18:01 PDT 2005

-On [20050414 08:52], Joerg Sonnenberger (joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>Which keeps the question why the initial correction did not happen.
>You have been using -s? Did it report any error?

As we discussed on IRC, no it did not report any error.

To be honest, I watched the offset only increase over the time I had ntpd
-sd running.

As soon as I had run ntpdate and started ntpd again with -sd the offsets
were +/- 0.000xx values.

Oh by the way, ntpd does not like, if it is running, that ntpdate sets the
clock.  A bug?  ntpd totally stopped synching after I did a one time sync
with ntpdate while ntpd was running.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
The taller the bamboo grows, the lower it bends. - Chinese saying