PF test for inclusion

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Wed Sep 15 23:08:30 PDT 2004

-On [20040916 02:22], Simon 'corecode' Schubert (corecode at xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>oh btw: joerg, how do you intend pf to be updated later? without a
>vendor tag, i can imagine that creating + merging diffs from upstream
>could be a bitch.

Importing along a vendor branch and then modifying the code to fit changes
within DF (as we already did) and trying to import new versions from OpenBSD
or FreeBSD on the vendor branch and resolving all conflicts is even more a
bitch.  Been there, done that, CVS just doesn't work like that.

Best way forward, if I was maintaining this, would be to have a text file
saying to what date everything was updated and just check changes from date
X to Y and rework them into the source tree.
Also not the most ideal, but with generally less hassle than using the
vendor branch in this case...

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
We have met the enemy and they are ours...