PF test for inclusion

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Sep 15 17:16:33 PDT 2004

On 16.09.2004, at 00:50, Max Laier wrote:
the patch ftp://dragonflybsd.dyndns.org/patches/testing/pf.diff
is the joint work of Max Laier, Devon O'Dell, Simon Schubert and
likely some others as well. With the addition of the changes from
me to use direct entries on pkthdr instead of mbuf tags I think we
can finally commit this.
I don't think that packing this information on *every* pkthdr is the
right
solution. I agree that useing a special tag for everything isn't right
either, but the right way[tm] seems to be useing one tag with all pf
related
information.
general opinion (sometimes after thinking a bit longer) about this was
to get rid of the needed m_tag allocation each time. pkthdr can be
easily extended as m_buf is much larger anyways and this space is not
used most of the time.

Anyway, nice to see this happening.
yea, finally :)

Please test it and provide me with any feedback.
Take a look at:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/contrib/pf/net/
pf.c.diff?r1=1.18&r2=1.19&f=h
this doesn't apply to us as we're using freebsd native byte order for
the headers, not the openbsd one. this is why we can use ip->ip_len
directly. arguable if using len is a worthwile speedup :)

and maybe
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/contrib/pf/net/
pf_if.c.diff?r1=1.5&r2=1.6&f=h
what's that exactly? do you think that's also a problem with
dragonfly/freebsd-stable's ppp? It seems that this is more a problem of
ppp. Do you think that this can be fixed in ppp? But as a preliminary
solution definitively worth consideration.

thanks for your support!

Time to commit: Sunday
oh btw: joerg, how do you intend pf to be updated later? without a
vendor tag, i can imagine that creating + merging diffs from upstream
could be a bitch.

cheers
  simon
--