ipw driver

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Sep 20 12:21:11 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 06:53:28PM +0000, Johannes Hofmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just removed all locking and adjusted some function arguments. This is
> probably not quite the right way to do it :-). Is there any locking needed on
> DragonFly? I did not find anything in the wi(4) driver.

Locking in the sense that certain parts have to be protected by splimp/splx.
You can always replace the mutex locking with splimp, with the exception of
removing the unlocking / locking pair around (*ifp->if_inut)(ifp, m), but
such a call shouldn't exist. That's the save approach, we can always remove
such calls later, they might only reduce performance a bit.

Joerg