PF test for inclusion

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 17:46:32 PDT 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 02:16, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> general opinion (sometimes after thinking a bit longer) about this was
> to get rid of the needed m_tag allocation each time. pkthdr can be
> easily extended as m_buf is much larger anyways and this space is not
> used most of the time.

And how many packets really use tags (in the non-ALTQ case)? ... anyway

> > Anyway, nice to see this happening.
>
> yea, finally :)
>
> >> Please test it and provide me with any feedback.
> >
> > Take a look at:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/contrib/pf/net/
> > pf.c.diff?r1=1.18&r2=1.19&f=h
>
> this doesn't apply to us as we're using freebsd native byte order for
> the headers, not the openbsd one. this is why we can use ip->ip_len
> directly. arguable if using len is a worthwile speedup :)

ip->ip_len is not the right length for in_pseudo() in this piece of code. In
tcp_input() (where this piece of code is derived from) ip->ip_len is already
subtrackted with the ip header length ...

> > and maybe
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/contrib/pf/net/
> > pf_if.c.diff?r1=1.5&r2=1.6&f=h
>
> what's that exactly? do you think that's also a problem with
> dragonfly/freebsd-stable's ppp? It seems that this is more a problem of
> ppp. Do you think that this can be fixed in ppp? But as a preliminary
> solution definitively worth consideration.

The problem is that there seem to be things out there in the wild, that rely
on the IPCP address sticking around ... seems to be broken by design, but if
you can fix ppp w/o breaking something else - please let me know. In any case
this (tries to) fix the symptom ...

> thanks for your support!
>
> >> Time to commit: Sunday
>
> oh btw: joerg, how do you intend pf to be updated later? without a
> vendor tag, i can imagine that creating + merging diffs from upstream
> could be a bitch.

Yes ... good point.

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at xxxxxxxxxxx
pgp00004.pgp