proposed addition for sys/raid/ips (ServeRaid) driver in order to support latest 6M cards from Adaptec

Tomaž Borštnar tomaz.borstnar at over.net
Sun Sep 5 22:54:34 PDT 2004

Dont know how to make patches for this (yet) so I will just explain the
solution. Latest batch of ServeRaid cards are now Adaptec made and have
new vendor and device id. I have one such beast here - ServeRaid 6M with
 256MB on board. FreeBSD 5.3 recognizes as 6M (marco). Anyway, the
trick to make these cards work under FreeBSD 5.2.1 was just to add
recognition of vendor 9005 and device 250 and they work under plain old
ips driver.

dfly installer cd prints this:
pci5: <unknown card> (vendor=0x9005, dev=0x0250) at 8.0 irq 10
Thanks!

Tomaž