New mirror

Peter Avalos pavalos at theshell.com
Thu Nov 18 16:35:40 PST 2004

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 11:06:40AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :> Hum, ftp and http work for me in the uni.
> :
> :They seem to be both working for me. The problem being at
> :horrible speeds.
> :
> :--
> :-Liam J. Foy
> :-http://liamfoy.kerneled.org
>
>      They both work for me too.  I'm getting good transfer rates.
>
>      p.s., Peter, if you are running CURRENT be sure to resync your sources,
>      recompile and reinstall your kernel, and reboot, to make sure you have
>      the SACK fix Jeff made (which can corrupt data even if SACK is not
>      turned on).  That and make sure you have the clock fixed I emailed
>      you about earlier.
>
> 					-Matt
> 					Matthew Dillon
> 					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I wasn't aware that it would corrupt data even if SACK was off.  It is very
possible this could have contributed to the problem.

However, I played around a bit, and found that if I disable sendfile in apache,
it runs much better.  It seems that with sendfile enabled, some httpd processes
would start hogging up CPU, which would reduce the other servers' performance.

--Peter