sbin/init patch, adding chroot feature

Oliver Fromme olli at haluter.fromme.com
Sat Nov 20 01:01:24 PST 2004

Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > :Hi,
 > :
 > :The patch below adds a feature to sbin/init that has been
 > :discussed in the users list recently.
 >
 >    I like it.  It sounds like a reasonable solution to a difficult
 >    problem.
 >
 >    I will commit your patch minus that warning() call if the env var
 >    doesn't exist.

It should not print a warning in that case.  It just goes
through all of the kenv vars (within the for loop), then
simply returns NULL, and main() doesn't do anything.

The warnings in my patch only happen if something very
unusual happens, e.g. there's no kenv at all, or it
contains a malformed variable (no '=' in it) etc.

 >    Could you submit a patch to the manual page to describe the new
 >    feature, too?

I will do that on Monday, because now it's weekend, and
weekends are reserved for my girl-friend.  :-)

(Also note that I'm not a native English speaker, so
someone will have to go through my manpage patch and
correct wording, grammar etc.)

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Konrad-Celtis-Str. 72, 81369 Munich, Germany

``All that we see or seem is just a dream within a dream.''
(E. A. Poe)