cc3 stabs default output

William M. Grim wgrim at siue.edu
Fri May 14 15:22:45 PDT 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
Hi all,
didn't have time for a full buildworld cycle, I'll do that tonight.
The patch ftp://dragonflybsd.dyndns.org/patches/testing/cc3_stabs.diff
relative to src/gnu/usr.bin/cc3 makes the old stabs format the default
debugging output for GCC 3.3. It can be override on the command line
via adding -gdwarf2, but this is useful as our in-tree gdb can't read
the debugging info otherwise.
Joerg
Is this basically so we can debug the kernel easier using gdb instead of
ddb?

I applied the patch and will try to run a test with it later tonight.