[patch] POSIX advisory mode lock panic fix by Dfly

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Sun May 2 10:46:15 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 10:32:50AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     The only issue still on the table is in the actual kern_lockf.c
>     implementation.  Everything else can go in at any time.

I didn't have time to check the actual limits, but the patch
ftp://dragonflybsd.dyndns.org/lockf5.diff
implements the whole kern_lockf stuff, some adjusts to the global
interface and the resource limits. I'll do the rest later with the
new world at home.

It passes the sys/kern/lockf regression test from NetBSD and boots fine.
I'm doing some more checks, moving the debug conditionals out of INVARIANTS
and add a general print function for struct lockf. But the functionality
itself should be working.

What do you think? I got some feedback from Hiten and Devon already.
I suppose ref counting and allocation are as near as possible :)

Joerg