small enhancement idea for 'make installworld' et al.

Mateusz Mikołajewski xaff at fouk.org
Wed May 12 15:29:44 PDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:05:22 -0700 (PDT), Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

:It puzzled me too. I think, it's more of correct way to request for
:the password rather than give the failure because of error permission.
:
:Cheers,
:Mezz
    If I am not root, the last thing I ever want to have happen is for a
    program to make me root, or run something as root.
    I for one do not put a password on my root account, since it cannot be
    logged in from remotely and since I am the only one in the wheel group,
    so when I type 'su' or 'su -' from my main account, I become root.
I hope you won't ever forget to logout when you go to the toilet...

--
Mateusz Mikołajewski
xaff at xxxxxxxx