acpica5 and acpi sub-modules (Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev Makefile)

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dragonfly-submit at les.ath.cx
Fri May 21 22:00:19 PDT 2004

Hi.
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 08:15:56AM +0000, David Rhodus wrote:
> Sorry about the delay in sending a message back. I've been switching
> mail clients, from iMail over to Mozilla. The message flagging needs
> still some more work. :-) I'll take a look at this patch today.

If you haven't look at the previous patch, and still have time to do so,
please look at the new patch instead:
    http://les.ath.cx/DragonFly/acpi-update.patch.gz

This brings in the recent changes to FreeBSD-CURRENT's acpi code.
A few things to note:
- The patch only works when compiled as a module, since I haven't tweaked
  files under /sys/conf yet. In case something went wrong, type
    set int.acpi.0.disabled=1
  in the boot loader prompt, so that acpi module is not loaded.
- You have to recompile the kernel, otherwise the new acpi module won't
  load because I added a hook to cpu_idle().
- acpivar.h is from rev 1.64, because 1.65 panicked two DragonFly boxes
  (and there's been a few panic reports on freebsd-current)
- contrib tree is not modified.
- acpi_video and acpi_asus is not added because of lack of hardware to test.

Thanks.