kern_sysctl.c locking

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Mar 26 08:43:15 PST 2004

:Hi all,
:the patch ftp://82.144.62.50/kern_sysctl.c.diff adds proper locking
:to the sysctl code to make it SMP safe. Additionally I made the printf
:for unregistering an OID_AUTO field a panic, which simplifies the code
:and is IMO a real error condition.
:
:Please test this code, esp. on SMP, TTC is 3 days.
:
:Joerg

    It looks reasonable on its face.  I briefly considered using tokens
    there but that would have required some shifting around of the
    potentially blocking malloc()'s (that is, the sysctl code was not designed
    very well in the first place but it probably isn't worth the effort to
    rewrite it).