De-perl: which, whereis, makewhatis, catman from freebsd

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Mar 25 09:40:08 PST 2004

:A last note, can you and others try to handle __FBSDID like this:
:
:/*
: * Copyright ...
: *
: * (LICENSE TEXT)
: *
: * $FreeBSD from __FBSDID$
: * $DragonFly$
: */
:
:Especially keep the asteriks and add one empty line.
:
:Joerg

    I've always taken the FBSDID junk out of the code and just moved the
    contents of the string to a comment.

    I'm responsible for creating the FBSDID concept in the first place,
    but it just doesn't work when one is trying to maintain a codebase with
    multiple cvs ID's, which is why I didn't use it for DFly.