style(9) sweep on config(8)

Dave Cuthbert dacut at neolinear.com
Thu Mar 4 17:30:31 PST 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
For the kernel, using bzero is fine. For the userland bzero is BSD
specific function, while memset is ISO C89.
Ah; though I don't have access to a Unix-ish OS that doesn't have
bzero() (Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, FreeBSD).
Hm... looks like AIX doesn't, at least given what I can divine from
Google.  And IRIX needs a #include <bstring.h>.
Some of the man pages describe bzero() as deprecated; then again,
Solaris claims select() is deprecated (and I made a fool of myself
for repeating this on one of the FreeBSD lists once upon a time...).
Ah, well.

Dave