patch to make script(1) exit cleanly on reciept of signal

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Wed Mar 31 23:04:50 PST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:16:02 -0800 (PST)
Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    Ick.  Just make the timeout unconditional... make it so it *always*
>    has a timeout.

Yeah, I suppose that's better programming practice.

>    We do not have to support a flushtime of 0.  If you want to allow
>    0 to be specified, just force it to be 1 in the code.

Well, to be specific: we have to retain the behaviour script(1) has when
the user specifies -t 0 on the commandline.  The flushtime variable in
the code is set to 0 when this happens.  But it's a special case and it
doesn't literally mean that the timeout must be zero.

I'll work on it more tomorrow.

-Chris