De-perl: which, whereis, makewhatis, catman from freebsd

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Mar 23 08:42:51 PST 2004

:ah, This will allow 'make installworld' to operate without
:using perl. Ok nice.
:
:-DR

    One advantage of using a restricted command path is that when we think
    we've completely gotten rid of perl from the entire build, we can
    remove it from the bootstrap tools list and test simply by doing a
    build.

:> Hello all.
:>     Attached are diffs with $DragonFLy$ added to the FreeBSD
:> equivalents.
:> Can someone take a look at them ?
:>
:> All the patches are from the top-level source tree. and the files
:> appropriately named.
:>
:> truely
:> dheeraj
:> --
:> <patch-src-gnu-usr_bin-man-Makefile><patch-src-gnu-usr_bin-man-
:> catman><patch-src-gnu-usr_bin-man-makewhatis><patch-src-usr_bin-
:> Makefile><patch-src-usr_bin-makewhatis><patch-src-usr_bin-
:> catman><patch-src-usr_bin-whereis><patch-src-usr_bin-which>