more config(8) patches (was Re: patch to fix breakage caused by earlier config(8) patch)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Mar 8 14:48:21 PST 2004

:why not? i understand, that when many are working on a single point of code,
:these cleanups can be disturbing, but with chris being the only person to
:work on config(8), i doubt it would harm many people.
:
:on the pro side, you have readable, good-structured code.
:
:one of dragonfly's best choices (for me) so far, has been a tolerant
:viewpoint about cosmetic changes (be it ansi, comments, other cleanup).
:
:~ibotty

    I'm just joking.  But I may hand a commit bit to anyone who submits
    too many cosmetic changes and make that person our official cosmetics
    spokeperson :-).

    I am a strong believer of keeping code modernized and clean.  Some
    people argue that it makes it difficult to keep things in sync
    between the various BSDs but I think that's more of a cop-out then
    anything else.  I've never had a problem, and I don't believe in
    blind patching anyway.  I still enjoy working on many of my old projects
    occassionally, such as DICE, simply because I feel comfortable reading
    the code, because I had spent the time in prior years bringing it up to
    modern standards.  Comfort level is very important to any programmer.