src/sys/vfs ANSIfication

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Mar 28 00:47:23 PST 2004

:OK, here it is again, sync'ed to the latest style(9) and with some of
:the more extraneous stuff (must be vs. should be vs. are) taken out:
:
:http://catseye.webhop.net/DragonFlyBSD/patch/style/style.9.diff
:
:If this is still too much, I can pare it down even more by taking out
:the explanatory sentences about 'forever' loops etc.
:
:-Chris

    Looks good, commit it!

    Oh, I don't know if this is described anywhere but multi-line function
    call continuation looks a bit different:

    if (...) {
	    if (...) {
		    some_big_function_name(asdfkl, aslkf23, asdf234,
					    blahblahblah, blah blah, blah,
					    blah, blah, blah, blah);

	    }
    }

    The alignment of continued arguments is typically (but not always)
    the first tab-8 or indent-4 stop after the open paren of the original
    function call.  It depends on how much room remains, of course.
    Sometimes it just looks too ugly and the programmer will set it back
    some.