De-perl: which, whereis, makewhatis, catman from freebsd

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Thu Mar 25 08:56:14 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 10:45:59AM -0500, Dheeraj Reddy wrote:
> Hello all.
>     Attached are diffs with $DragonFLy$ added to the FreeBSD equivalents.
> Can someone take a look at them ?
>
> All the patches are from the top-level source tree. and the files
> appropriately named.
>
> truely
> dheeraj
> --

IMO we have to do some cleanup for wheris, the code is written in a move
to the right screen side fashion :)

Concerning makewhatis and catman, I'd like to move them into usr.sbin and
section 8, IMO they don't really belong into usr.bin since there are
normally justed by admins, not users. makewhatis.local should go into a
directory of its own to simplify the Makefiles.

A last note, can you and others try to handle __FBSDID like this:

/*
 * Copyright ...
 *
 * (LICENSE TEXT)
 *
 * $FreeBSD from __FBSDID$
 * $DragonFly$
 */

Especially keep the asteriks and add one empty line.

Joerg