RFC gawk update

skrueger at europe.com skrueger at europe.com
Tue Mar 2 03:08:44 PST 2004

> > hi folks,
> >
> > I've "imported" gawk-3.1.3, you can find all files on
> > http://tecneeq.dyndns.org/~cosmicdj/DragonFly/
> >
> > contrib_gawk-3.1.3.tar.bz2 goes into /usr/src/contrib
> > gnu_usr.bin_gawk.tar.bz2 goes into /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin
> >
> > gnu_usr.bin_Makefile.patch.bz2 is for /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/Makefile
> > not needed right now unless you want to buildworld!!!
> >
> > sadly gawk's info doesn't work with our (aged) texinfo, so the build
> > will fail in gawk/doc :-(
> >
> > I plan to update texinfo tomorow if no one objects
> >
> > comments? objections? flames? ;-)
>
> Only one:
>
> Submissions should probably go to submit at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, not
> commits@ (which is primarily for commit messages from CVS)
*argh* yes I noticed this too, but sadly too late :-(

anyway, the texinfo patches are ready

grab them patches from
http://tecneeq.dyndns.org/~cosmicdj/DragonFly/texinfo-4.6

you'll find there:

Makefile.inc1.patch.bz2
- needed to bootstrap texinfo-4.6

contrib_texinfo46.tar.bz2
- extract into contrib
- fetch ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/texinfo/texinfo-4.6.tar.bz2 + extract it
- README.DELETED -> remove files

gnu_lib_libreadline_readline_doc_Makefile.bz2
- needed for installworld, otherwise it fails
- sry for not providing a patch but my cvs server was/is down :-(

gnu_usr.bin_texinfo.patch.bz2
- for gnu/usr.bin/texinfo

share_mk_bsd.info.mk.patch.bz2
- needed cause there's no --defsection or --defentry anymore

buildworld/installworld were both fine

> Other than that... sorry, I don't know what to make of it yet :)
>
> We could really use an official statement/HOWTO of the preferred method
> for putting contrib/gnu/vendor branches in the tree... stated on the
> webpage or somewhere... I know it involves putting the contrib in
> verbatim, and using patches to generate the DFly-specific version before
> the build, but I don't know the mechanics yet.
>
> I assume this (gawk submission) complies with the general idea, but I'll
> have to do some digging to find out for sure.
>
> -Chris
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm